Is your tooth causing you consistent pain? Do you suspect you may need a Root Canal Treatmet? If this is the case, Woodville Road Dental Clinic offers one of the best root canal treatments in Merrylands. Book now with one of the best clinical and dental professionals to handle root canal procedures.
What is Root Canal and why it is needed?
There is distinctive internal anatomy contained within human teeth. The tooth has an internal structure which is called “pulp”. This pulp consists of blood vessels, nerves and lymph material. When the pulp comes face to face with an infection due to an injury or cavity, the damaged tooth makes an effort to heal this with natural processes, but when your body is not able to fight the infection, then the infection can further damage your teeth in a wide variety of ways.. The infected pulp can be extremely painful and prevent you from eating of chewing properly. It is at this point that we recommend a root canal treatment or RCT.
At our Merrylands Dental Clinic, the root canal treatment typically takes 2-3 appointments to complete. Our expert dentists are so confident in their abilities, if you experience any lasting pain after your first appointment - the remaining appointments are free.
Book your first Root Canal Treatment
Signs you may need a root canal
Keep an eye out for the following signs that you may need a root canal:
- Persistent pain, especially when you eat or touch the tooth
- Sensitivity to temperature, both hot and cold
- Swollen gums
- Discoloration in the tooth
- Visible cracks or chips in the tooth
Benefits of Root Canal Treatment versus Tooth Extraction
- As dentists we always say to keep your teeth. We recommend using an RCT, keeping as much of your original teeth as possible and delaying the need for dentures or false teeth.
- Tooth Extraction can have a severe effect on the adjoining capabilities of your teeth. When a tooth is lost, the teeth next to it will move into that area, leading to crooked teeth
- While an extraction requires only one visit and is initially cheaper, patients will incur long term costs that include dentures or implants which cost considerably more than an RCT
Are you satisfied with your care? Consider following us on Facebook.
Or, leave us a review on Google.