How does the child dental benefits scheme work?
The Child Dental Benefits Scheme (CDBS) was put in place to provide free care to all children in the Western Sydney Area, for example Merrylands, Guildford, Granville and more. The main benefits of the scheme are as follows:
- Free dental screening for all children at our clinic
- Children eligible for CDBS will have treatment done under Medicare and have no out of pocket expenses at our clinic
- Children who are not eligible for CDBS will be given a treatment plan so that parents can choose to proceed with treatment if they wish to. Please note we have payment plans for families undergoing financial hardship.
What does this include:
- Full comprehensive exam and X-rays (FOR ALL CHILDREN)
- Fluoride treatment to strengthen all teeth and reduce risk of decay (FOR ALL CHILDREN)
- A Parental and child education about how to brush properly and what adult teeth parents can expect to come through & which baby teeth will start to fall out (FOR ALL CHILDREN)
- Any required treatment, including fillings, nerve treatments, extractions, or any other treatment required covered under CDBS scheme with no out of pocket expense. (CBDS ELIGIBLE CHILDREN ONLY)
Why do we do this:
It is our greatest hope that by doing these oral health projects, we will help all children in our community to have better oral health and not miss out on life’s opportunities. We truly believe that good oral habits that are instilled when young, will be life long habits that may one day change the future of a child. We sincerely hope you take advantage of this opportunity and help the kids of our community. Please remember that all children must be accompanied by an adult during these sessions.
We provide discounts for families who book, however this is at the discretion of the dentist.