One of the common dental procedures available at the Merrylands Dental Clinic is the dental crown. A Dental Crown is actually a “cap”, which is shaped like a tooth, and it is placed over a compromised tooth so that it not only gets size, shape, and appearance back, but it also becomes stronger. At Merrylands Dental Clinic, our dentists take a mould of your tooth and send this off to a lab. Your Dental Crown is then custom made for your tooth using rare materials such as porcelain and zirconia that have a nice tooth coloured appearance.
Why you need a Crown
Our Merrylands Dentists will recommend a Dental Crown in one or more of the following situations:
- When you have a weak tooth, which may be due to various reasons like due to tooth decay, or it has cracked or broken, then you may need a dental crown. In these scenarios, you may also need a Root Canal Treatment before the Crown is placed.
- If a tooth is worn down, or it is broken and has lost its shape, then you can regain its shape with a dental crown.
- When a tooth has been severely damaged, or it is discolored and you are unhappy with its appearance, you may request a dental crown to restore the color and beauty of your teeth. If this is the case, you may also ask our Dentists about Veneers, which fulfill a similar role.
- If there is a need for cosmetic modification or when the purpose is to cover a dental implant, a dental crown is the way to deal with it.
Book an Appointment with one of our Merrylands Dentists if you think you need a Dental Crown
Benefits of Dental Crown
It is mentioned earlier that dental crown is a great way to get back the appearance, shape, functionality, and strength of your teeth. Here are a few other considerable benefits to look at:
- Damages teeth can hinder your ability to eat or chew. With a dental crown properly placed over a damaged tooth, you will be able to chew again without concern for the damaged tooth
- Your damaged tooth is vulnerable so long as it is exposed. A dental crown keeps it safe from further damage and infection
- Dental crowns are vital to maintain and restore the structural integrity of your mouth. If you think of your tooth like a house, and then every filling is like a renovation. Each renovation breaks the house a little, including the structural walls, which weakens the tooth. A crown is a cap that strengthens the tooth by replacing all the structural walls. Its the strongest thing we have in dentistry.
Are you satisfied with your care? Consider following us on Facebook.
Or, leave us a review on Google.