November 15, 2021
5 Reasons to get Mental Health Help
Mental health is a complex issue and serious issue with a wide range of complications and it is important to seek Mental Health Help when necessary. It’s important to make sure that mental health is treated fast and with the appropriate treatment. Effective treatments can range from basic counselling, psychology sessions/mental health therapy and medications. Dr Jonathan Choi is an excellent doctor who has vast experience in providing mental health help and successfully treating anxiety and depression. Mental health is an ongoing issue, and treatment times vary from patient to patient. It is important to understand that patients seek mental health help early on and prevent the situation from getting worse.
Mental health issues such as anxiety and depression have strong links and can lead to issues that become more adverse and negative in nature when left untreated. Early intervention through mental health therapy sessions is very effective and important in guiding patients in the right way to achieve a happier mental state.
What is Mental health Therapy and why is it important to be done?
Mental Health Help is a non-judgmental therapy session, where our lovely doctors talk and discuss what you are feeling. They listen to what you are experiencing but also importantly what you would like to be feeling when things are better. With their vast knowledge of mental health, they prescribe and get involved in mental health exercises that help your mind feel more clear and less heavy. Mental health sessions are regular sessions that are bulk billed for your benefit. The doctor will usually define the frequency depending on your needs and also the mental health exercises they prescribe. That being said you are ALWAYS welcome to come in for more sessions if you are not feeling okay. If you would like to book a Bulk Billed consultation for mental health help, click “Book Now”
During Mental Health sessions, the doctors will usually ask questions to determine what your main issue is. Most mental health diseases are linked, and treatment of one usually means treatment of all of them. Our Mental health help sessions diagnose depression, anxiety and stress disorders that impact day to day lives. These disorders can be extreme and can cause a breakdown in the quality of life.
With our expert doctors, we are able to safely diagnose and treat depression, anxiety and stress disorders in our bulk billed skin mental health clinic in Merrylands. Dr Jonathan Choi is one of our doctors who is an excellent listener and a very experienced practitioner in the treatment of mental health. If you would like to book an appointment with Dr Jonathan Choi, please click “Book Now”.
Why do I need to do a Mental Health Therapy?
When should I get Mental Health Help?
- If you ever experience thoughts, emotions or behaviours that are out of control, especially when they are affecting your relationships, your work or your sense of well-being. Never feel embarrassed to ask for help at times when you are upset or depressed. There is nothing wrong with asking for help. Everyone needs help at some point, and once you do, things start to get better.
- If you ever struggle to deal with life’s painful challenges – such as a major illness, the loss of a loved one, divorce or job problems. These issues may be your own, but could also include those of others you care about. Talking about these issues is normal and you are encouraged to do so. Life is difficult sometimes, but having someone to be a shoulder to rest on, makes it much easier.
- If you ever abuse alcohol or drugs which interferes with your health, your emotions, your relationships, your job or your ability to fulfil your daily responsibilities. Escape mechanisms like alcohol abuse or drugs are short term solutions, with long term problems. When you talk to your doctor they will give you options that involve the situation getting better, not worse.
- If you are ever confused, fraught with emotions and need the perspectives of a caring yet unbiased person to help sort among difficult choices. This can range from simple basic decisions in life to more complex and emotionally challenging decisions. We are always here to help and advise on what is in your best interest.
- If you ever feel that life is no longer worth living, that you are hopeless and have reached the end of the line, and you would rather die than feel the pain of the present. In the midst of such distress, you are not prepared to make life-or-death decisions. Ask for help.
Many people experience this feeling. It is normal but important to address. We are here to help and talk to you about why and how we can make things better!
Do I need to see a doctor for Mental Health Therapy?
At Woodville Rd Medical and Dental, our Mental Health Help sessions and consultations are bulk billed with our doctors. If you have a Medicare card, there is nothing out of pocket for assessing and helping your mental state. Make an appointment with our Doctors and GP’s if you notice any changes to your mental health that worry you. Early detection and treatment of anxiety and depression do lead to quicker and better results.
More information can be found at MentalHealth.gov