March 17, 2021
Surgical Vasectomy In Merrylands
9 reasons to get a vasectomy over other contraceptions!
Benefits of a Vasectomy for Men:
- Vasectomies are more effective.
- Vasectomies are more effective than other contraceptive methods (99% effective!)
- No need for general anesthesia.
- A vasectomy does not require going under general anesthesia. The procedure instead, is most commonly done with simple local anesthesia. Because a vasectomy does not require anesthesia, the entire process takes Dr Lingathas only about 15 minutes to complete. There is NO general anaesthesia costs and not in hospital stay costs which can get quite pricey.
- Lower cost than all other forms of birth control.
- The average cost of a vasectomy is thousands of dollars cheaper than the methods of sterilization for women. In comparison, a vasectomy costs as little as under $990 at Woodville Rd Medical and Dental centre.
- It is a one-time cost.
- It is also worth noting that the cost of a vasectomy is just a one-time expense. With other forms of birth control, such as the pill or condoms, the price may be initially cheaper but obviously accrues with each purchase, making years of using condoms or oral contraceptives more expensive in the long run.
- The procedure is often covered by insurance.
- A vasectomy is covered by most insurance providers, meaning that the procedure will cost significantly less once you have met your deductible.
- It is a fast procedure and recovery.
- For recovery, only 48 hours or less are required away from work.
- The procedure is done in the doctor’s office rather than an operating room.
- A contributing factor to the shorter procedure time and lower cost for vasectomies is the fact that the procedure can often be done in the office rather than an operating room. This signifies the simplicity of the procedure, as well as helps many feel more comfortable.
- No scalpel vasectomies are available.
- To even further simplify and improve recovery time, doctors have discovered a no-scalpel version of the vasectomy. This option is less invasive and has even fewer risks associated with it.
Benefits of a Vasectomy for Women:
- Stopping hormonal birth control.
- Every woman is different in how they react to various types of birth control, but a common side effect for many is exaggerated mood changes due to hormones. A woman is better able to regulate her mood and feel like herself when those additional hormones are not a factor. It also allows women to no longer worry about trying to remember to take a daily pill.
- Avoiding more invasive tubal ligation.
- As previously discussed, the procedure, recovery time, and risk factors are all much greater for tubal ligation in comparison to a vasectomy. Tubal ligation requires a visit to the hospital, an hour or longer procedure in the operating room under general anesthesia, and a potential overnight stay for monitoring. The pain throughout the four to seven-day recovery may be more significant, and although the risk is still relatively low, there is no risk to vital organs with a vasectomy.
- Prevent failure of female sterilization, which may result in ectopic pregnancy.
- The risks associated with pregnancy in women who have undergone tubal ligation include an uncommon occurrence of an ectopic pregnancy which may present a severe health risk to the women and an unsuccessful, painful pregnancy.
The decision to get a vasectomy as a permanent form of birth control is of course a very personal one. The best option for each person is dependent on the individual’s situation and consultation with a doctor; however, there are many benefits as detailed above to be considered for getting a vasectomy.
If you would like to learn more about the process, recovery time, benefits, and more feel free to come in for a Bulk-Billed Consult (No out-of-pocket expenses with a medicare card)!
What is involved in your Vasectomy?
If you are looking for an effective birth control method, consider getting a vasectomy at Woodville Rd Medical Centre in Merrylands. This birth control method removes the common fear of possible pregnancy after sex and provides a permanent solution to unwanted birth. Vasectomy strengthens the bond of love between partners and turns intimacy into a haven of complete enjoyment.
A vasectomy is a minor and low-risk procedure, carried out by our surgical consult Doctor Paramalingam Lingathas. Vasectomies can be reversible, but this discussion should take place before the surgery.
Before procedure day, you will always have a Consult with the Surgeon. He will run through the risks, benefits, procedure, recovery and answer any questions you might have. This is an obligation free, bulk-billed consultation (no out of pocket expenses with a medicare card), for your convenience.
HOW TO BOOK YOUR SURGERY
👉 Book an appointment with one of our GP’s to obtain a referral. This appointment is Bulk Billed for your convenience
👉 When you’ve obtained your referral, book a bulk billed appointment with our surgeon, Doctor Paramalingam Lingathas. Dr Lingathas is available 5 days a week for your bulk-billed consultation! There are a few bits of information below to give you an idea of what to expect!
👉 Come in on Treatment day!
Please note: Any procedure incurs a minimum $50 facility fee to cover the costs of any medication, sutures, or materials used as medicare does not reimburse our clinic for those items. Doctors and surgeons fees are Bulk billed if Medicare covers those procedures. Ask our surgeon as your FREE consultation about which procedures are covered under bulk billing 🙂
What to expect!
Vasectomy is a surgical procedure that involves cutting the supply of sperm. It is a birth control method that is performed on a male. During this procedure, the sperm tubes are severed and the sperm can no longer make their way into the semen. Even though ejaculation will still occur during sex, there is no sperm to fertilize the female’s egg, and no pregnancy can result from the sex if no sperm is present.